If you need help¶
For any issue or remark, leave a comment at the bottom of this page, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Getting started
- Socket types
- Nodes reference
- Blender images to texture set
- Blender mesh to mesh data
- Curves to objects
- Map to Blender image
- Mesh data to object
- New texture set
- Objects repeated along curves
- Path generator
- Paths to curves
- Procedural cube mesh
- Procedural map
- Random rectangles drawer
- Simple buildings layout
- Simple windows drawer
- Texture set to blender images
- Pre-1.2 doc
v1.2 (October 10, 2018)¶
Re-design of the city generation process as a node-based workflow. This first iteration brings algorithms for cities mostly meant for distant views. More precise and elaborate algorithms, as well as more utility nodes, will be added version after version.
- Added a node for using your own meshes (eg buildings).
- Added a node to create a Blender mesh object from mesh data generated by other nodes.
- Added a procedural cube mesh node, useful as mesh input for buildings for instance.
Paths & curves nodes:
- Added a path generator node. Paths are like polylines, they are a sequence of linked points. But unlike graphs, they cannot branch, meaning a point can only have 2 links at most: one before, one after.
- Added a path to curves converter node. Curves are useful to have smooth transition from one point to another. These are similar in concept to Blender curves, but are not yet Blender curves.
- Added a curves to Blender curve objects node. With this one you can convert your curves to Blender curves and objects.
- Added a node to repeat a Blender mesh along Blender curve objects using modifiers.
- Added a node to create a new texture set. A texture set is a collection of images, each one for a different channel in the PBR workflow and other useful maps. Only albedo and emit are supported for now.
- Added a node that converts Blender images to a texture set. If you have an albedo map and an emit map loaded in Blender, you can use them as a texture set in SceneCity.
- Added a node that draws random rectangles in a texture set. Useful to add random variations to buildings facade textures for example.
- Added a node that draws windows, lit or not, in a texture set. Useful to create building facade textures.
- Added a node that converts a texture set back into Blender images.
Maps nodes: (a map is like a grayscale image, it has only one channel, no color. But unlike an image, it is not a raster, it is continuous.)
- Added a node to create procedural noise maps, such as Perlin or voronoi noise.
- Added a node to convert a map into a Blender image.
Layouts nodes: (a layout places city elements, such as buildings and roads)
- Added a simple layout node. This one places buildings randomly without testing for overlaps. No roads.